- Ranked No. 1 for International Students (QS Asia University Rankings 2021)
- Ranked 5 STARS (Excelleny) Setara
- Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for multicultural learning experience
|Living cost||USD 359 per month|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
About Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU)
Students are exposed to the opportunity to earn practical technology degrees in today’s technical subjects through its strategic campus location in TPM. It is a comprehensive center for research and development for knowledge-based industries, thus giving their staff and students the benefits to connecting with leading biotech and engineering professionals, as well as technopreneurs and entrepreneurs from all around the world. APU’s campus at Technology Park Malaysia features modern glass and aluminum structure design, housing:
- Auditoriums and Classrooms
- Convenience Shop
- Engineering Labs
- IT Labs
- Computer Games Development Studio
- Green Screen Studio
- Design & Drawing Studio
- Shuttle bus
- On-Campus Accommodations
- Futsal Courts & Basketball Courts
TPM is the ideal location for this new and contemporary campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a vast variety of areas. Residing in one of Kuala Lumpur’s most rapidly developing areas, TPM is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation. APU’s new campus aims high at setting a new benchmark for its design excellence among the other Malaysian universities, combining an eco-friendly campus with an equally dynamic blend of technology and innovation to enable professional learning.
Set next to the Bukit Jalil stadium, the campus is easily accessible by public transport (bus and LRT/Metro) and taxi. Students and visitors to the TPM campus can opt to travel via public transport, drive, or come on foot. Students staying in apartments within the vicinity to the campus can get here by 10-15 minutes walk or by the shuttle bus specially provided by APU. APU also has a satellite campus in The Mines Business Center.
To get to the campus by public transport, students can get down at Bukit Jalil LRT Station (Star LRT) and take APU’s shuttle bus. Alternatively, students can drive or carpool with friends. The campus is highly accessible through an extensive network of highways within the Klang Valley. It is connected via the Middle Ring Road II (MRR), Damansara Puchong Highway (LDP), Kesas Highway, Maju Expressway (MEX), North-South Expressway and the Puchong-Sungai Besi Bypass.
APU has many options in student housing during their studying here. Students can inquire for assistance from the Institute’s Student Services department for accommodation services and making the right choice and finding the right accommodation. They also have fully-managed accommodation at several apartment buildings located close to the campus, including Vista Komanwel, Fortune Park, and Endah Promenade Condominiums. Students can stay in the apartments where they occupy rooms on either a a single or twin sharing basis and have access to kitchen facilities and common area. Each apartment has 3-5 bedrooms with a living room.
Condominium facilities include:
- Swimming Pool
- Convenience Stores
- 24-hour Security Coverage
Rental for each student ranges depends on student’s preferences on the room size and facilities provided. Students are also advised to pay a 2-month deposit and 1-month rental with respective cover charges upon check-in to the accommodation. However, rental rates may change from time to time.
The several types of student accommodations currently available are:
Endah Promenade (Super Premium)
- RM890-RM1780 per month/student
- Single or twin sharing basis
- Wifi, beds, mattresses study tables, basic kitchen equipment, etc.
- Cooking allowed
Fortune Park (Premium)
- RM620-RM1340 per month/student
- Single or twin/sharing basis
- Wifi, beds & mattresses, basic kitchen appliances, etc.
- No cooking allowed
Fortune Park (Super Premium)
- RM720-RM1540 per month/student
- Single or twin sharing basis
- Wifi, beds & mattresses, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.
- Cooking allowed
Two types of accomodation are available:
- En-suite Rooms with Common Pantry
- common pantry - stove, microwave oven, refrigerator.
- rooms have bathrooms attached - water heaters, mirrors, shelves, towel racks
Types of rooms available are designated to singular or shared living options.
- Super Premium - En-Suite Single
- Super Premium - En-Suite Twin
- Premium - En-Suite Single
- Premium - En-Suite Twin
- Standard - En-Suite Single
- Compact - En-Suite Single
- Shared Apartment with Kitchen (5 rooms per apartment)
- common kitchen - stove, microwave oven, refrigerator.
- All rooms come with bathrooms - water heater, mirrors, shelves, towel racks
Rooms in the apartment are divided into singular or shared options.
- Super Premium in Apartment - En-Suite Single (mini-fridge given)
- Premium in Apartment - En-Suite Single
- Standard in Apartment - En-Suite Single
- Standard in Apartment - En-Suite Twin
Room types are ranged to price between RM750 - RM1,080 per month, cover charge is RM400 as a one-time payment and includes a greeting pack of 1 bed sheet, 1 pillow and 1 mattress protector. A comfortor is available as an add-on for RM100.
Electricity fees and laundry facilities are on a ‘Pay as you use’ basis.
Satellite Accommodation Within TPM
Satellite accommodation is within Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) and next to the APU Campus (3-5 mins walking distance from APU Campus). It has triple and twin sharing rooms with and without Air-Conditioning. Each floor has shared common bathrooms, equipped with water heaters. A Common Pantry is available at each floor and is equipped with stove, microwave oven and refrigerator. There is also a shared Study Area with WIFI (Wireless Broadband Internet) in the Study Lounge. The rental is inclusive of utilities – water & electricity. Air Conditioners can only be operated from 9 pm to 8 am. Self Service Laundry Facilities are available on ‘Pay as you use’ basis.
- Standard Room - Triple Sharing [ ST1 ] - RM 340 (USD 85)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
- Standard Room A/C - Triple Sharing [ ST2 ] - RM 430 (USD 108)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
- Standard Room A/C with attach/bath and Study Table - Triple Sharing [ ST3 ] - RM 500 (USD 125)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
- Standard Room - Twin Sharing [ ST4 ] - RM 490 (USD 125)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
- Standard Room A/C - Twin Sharing [ ST5 ] - RM 590 (USD 150)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
Rental for each student ranges between RM340 (USD85) to RM590 (USD150) per month, depending on the room type, and the cover charge of RM150 (USD38) which is one-time payment for the welcome pack with a bed sheet, pillow and mattress protector. Comforter is optional at RM100 (USD25).
Why Choose APU?
Engineering Degrees Internationally Recognized
under Washington Accord
Engineering Degrees Accredited
by the Board of Engineers (BEM)
Regular winners of both local and international competitions
Internationally Recognized Programmes
Internationally Recognized by QS
Achieved 5-Stars ranking in 4 categories: Facilities, Teaching, Inclusiveness and Employability
Premier Digital Technology Institute of Higher Learning in Malaysia
awarded by the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation [MDEC]
Amongst Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia
Rated 5-Stars under SETARA 2011, 2013 and 2017 by Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia
Over 12,000 Students
from more than 130 countries
More than 40,000 Graduates and Alumni
according to Graduate Tracer Study by Ministry of Education Malaysia
Courses for IR4.0
-FinTech, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence, Mechatronics, Digital Marketing, E-Business that are first-of-its-kind
Courses available 81Accounting & Finance 15 Applied, Pure Sciences 3 Business, Management 21 Computer Science, IT 32 Creative Arts & Design 4 Engineering 14 Hotel Management & Hospitality 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 6 Mass Communication & Media 7 MBA 2
- Participation in Global Research for COVID-19: APU’s Prof. Dr. Nafis Alam is a Member of the Research Team of The Global COVID-19 Fintech Market Rapid Assessment Study 18 Feb 2021
- Leading Women Empowerment in Fintech: APU’s PhD Graduate is Bahrain’s First Woman to Hold a PhD for Her Research in FinTech 18 Feb 2021
- Global A.I. Champion – Pride of Malaysia: Asia Pacific University (APU) Team is the World Champion at the Atos IT Challenge 2020 13 Jul 2020